Sitecore jQuery Content Slider
Posted 7/06/2012 by TerryHumphris
When we recently updated our website design it was decided that we also wanted a really cool image and content slider to go on the home page.
I was given the task and told not to return until I found a solution that fulfilled the following requirements:
- It used jQuery for cross-browser compliance.
- Dynamically add as many slides as needed.
- Easy to change background images for each slide using the Sitecore Media Library.
- Full configuration of slider spead, pause duration, layout and colours.
- Easy to mix up the content layout. Including configuration of text justification and margins on each individual slide.
- ALL configurations needed to be made easily from within the Sitecore content tree.
- It had to look really cool when it was running on our home page.
Unfortunately I was unable to find anything that looked good, was easy to use and that would just plug straight into Sitecore. Fortunately, I had the technology and skills to build one myself.
To build the slider, I needed to add a number of items to the Sitecore content tree. First of all, there had to be a configuration item that would take care of most of those requirements listed above. Then I created a template for adding slider items.
Here's a peek at what the setup looks like in the content tree:
If you like the content slider and would like to use it on your own Sitecore website then you can download it for free
. The download file includes a Sitecore Package and installation instructions.
If you want to see it in action you can check it out on the FuseIT homepage