The new features from this release have also been detailed in Daniel's blog.
Apex Class and Trigger Version Highlighting
Ideally, all apex classes and triggers within an org would be kept within the last 3 years releases (the last 9 API versions). The API version column will be colored to indicate how far behind a particular class or trigger is.
Export Metadata Packages from Package Builder
Added buttons to "Deploy Selected Files" package builder to export the selected metadata as a package. Either a complete zip or just the package.xml
Other Changes 3.16
- SFDCExplorer: Surface exceptions when listing Salesforce reports via a dialog.
- The sObject metadata DataCache no longer internally stores unique mappings for field describes, relationships, or child relationships. These are still accessible via existing methods.
- Complete update to Spring `21 (v51.0). Update the Bulk API XSD.
- SFDCExplorer: Detect if there are metadata API version changes when building up a package to deploy
- SFDCExplorer: double click to login as an SFDX CLI org.
- SFDCExplorer: Context menu option to format a SOQL query in a debug log row.
- SFDCExplorer: Improve Executed Units support for workflow and flow events.
- Improve support for deploying Profile metadata
- Salesforce MetadataServiceWrapper - Expose CreatePackageXmlAsString to create the package.xml for a collection of metadata paths and return it as a string.
- SFDCExplorer: Expose the debug log request identifier in the logs view.
- SFDCExplorer: Highlight Flow errors in the Apex log timeline
- SFDCExplorer: Authenticate from serverId and URL in query string
- Split out OAuth (RefreshToken) and JWT LoginDetails to dedicated objects. Added new SfdxLoginDetails for connection strings against the SFDX CLI.
- Improve formatting of SalesforceResultException FailedSaveResults.
- Support for metadata deployment of static resources
- SalesforceIdKeyPrefix - Raise warnings if there is a keyprefix conflict for the current Salesforce user.
- WSDL2Apex: Expand ability to search for missing XML Namespaces
- Support for deploying Profile Metadata
- SFDC Explorer: Improve error handling when there is a timeout retrieving the sObject metadata to populate the entity tree. Retry with reduced batch size from the detault 100 sObjects.
- Weekly Data Export tooling - handle premature response stream termination. Improve logging status messages related to downloading data exports.
- SFDCExplorer: Deploy Profile Metadata
- SFDCExplorer: handle exceptions with checking test status via polling
Book an online demo now
- Obligation free - no pressure!
- At a time that works for you
- One hour but can be shorter
- At any technical level
- All questions answered
- Your video application or ours
- Access to an integration trial
The time in
* Friday in the US is
Saturday in New Zealand.