How do you stop users from saving documents to their local drives when they need to be in the Record Management System? The answer is simple:
- Make it easier to save the document in the RMS
- Make it easier to find the document in the future
Do that, add some more benefits, and recalcitrant users will never re-offend! System integration is just one way to achieve this.
In the Beginning
In the beginning, there was HP TRIM. TRIM became HP Records Manager, then HPE Records Manager, then Micro Focus Content Manager. The lesson here is that TRIM is not going away soon. Salesforce, however, has always been "Salesforce". It's not going away either! CRM should be the heart of every business. It is, after all, where your customer data lives and therefore the hub of profitable corporate activity.
So why connect these two systems together? The answer is, "For more reasons than we know!". It's one of those situations where everyone wants to solve a different problem. Some of these are:
- We want to stop users from saving documents to their local drives
- We want to make TRIM records available to Salesforce users in remote offices
- We want to make it easier to add records to TRIM
- Some Salesforce leads are mission-critical. We need a PDF snapshot of the lead record in TRIM
- Customer contract documents need to be associated with their Salesforce contact
- We need automated filing from incoming emails
- We want to reduce our record management overheads
- We need to extend TRIM's capabilities
When we built the S2T integration in 2012 we wanted to make it easier for Salesforce users to work with TRIM by letting them stay in Salesforce. Users simply attach documents to their Salesforce records and S2T puts them in TRIM.
Today, S2T has solutions for the problems listed above. Its features include an option to automatically delete Salesforce documents when they are safely in TRIM and has configurable container schemas so the TRIM records can be stored in the right context.
It's likely that your organization would benefit from TRIM integration but you are not yet sure how! It's also likely some of your problems are unique to your business but one shared problem is the careless use of local drives to store important documents. If your users live in the world of Salesforce it makes complete sense they remain in this environment when processing documents.
If you have TRIM and Salesforce, contact us to learn more about the benefits of integration and how this helps our customers work more efficiently.