If you are entrusted to store and manage information, there has never been a time when this is more challenging! Protecting and caring for information requires good management, trained staff, and modern processes. If you have Micro Focus Content Manager (TRIM) and Salesforce, T4S is a powerful integration that will make your life much easier.
Attachments in Salesforce
It all starts when information is created, or arrives by mail, email, walk-ins, web forms, or some other means. For organizations that use Salesforce, customer-related information can be filed against a Salesforce record in a number of ways.
- Users manually create or edit Salesforce records and upload associated attachments
- Salesforce records get auto-created from inbound emails and email attachments are attached to those records. This is typically for lead, contact, or case records
- Website visitors submit a Contact Us or Registration form. A Salesforce integration creates a Salesforce record and attaches any documents uploaded from the website
- Users mass import records and attachments from other systems using Salesforce Data Loader
- Salesforce records get auto-created from Salesforce apps or external systems using Salesforce APIs
While Salesforce is an industry leader in workflow automation and has document management features, it is not economical to store large volumes of data. Salesforce is not a cradle-to-grave document management system like TRIM which was created for exactly this purpose.
Enter the picture, T4S, an enterprise Salesforce to TRIM integration that automatically transfers Salesforce records and attachments to mapped locations in TRIM. No matter how a document arrives in Salesforce, a workflow can use T4S to push it to a target location in TRIM.
When Salesforce attachments are moved to TRIM, T4S typically replaces them with a link in Salesforce. Optionally, T4S can convert the associated Salesforce record to HTML and save it to the same location. T4S enables Salesforce users to add, view, update or delete TRIM records from within Salesforce. As you would expect, T4S respects and tightly constrains the user's access rights based on their TRIM permissions.
The benefits of TRIM to Salesforce integration are significant. Beyond the obvious efficiency gains of managing your files from Salesforce, T4S simplifies document management which increases the level of record management compliance. Some other advantages are:
- T4S reduces the footprint and therefore, the cost of storing documents in the cloud
- TRIM records become widely available to authorized users via the Internet
- Users are distanced from the relative complexity of TRIM
- T4S enforces the retention and disposal of Salesforce-accessible documents
- Duplicates are eliminated with documents only existing in TRIM. No more double-handing!
- Salesforce searches find records in both systems
- Salesforce field values can be surfaced as metadata in TRIM
- Auto-classify documents using workflow, Salesforce field values, and potentially Einstein
- Dynamically read TRIM container names into Salesforce for accurate auto-classification
- TRIM documents are linked to their parent entity in Salesforce to improve data integrity (even if the TRIM record did not originate in Salesforce)
- Salesforce users can view documents in a TRIM container associated with a Salesforce record, and navigate down to sub-containers
T4S ensures proper retention and disposition of documents in Salesforce plus a slew of other features that improve productivity and reduce costs. The integration increases record management compliance which improves organizational accountability. The power of T4S is evident but the best part is how easy it is to use, and quickly it can be up and running in your organization.
If you would like to see T4S in action or need to learn how it could optimize the management of your records, please contact us for more information.
* Friday in the US is
Saturday in New Zealand.