Improve your website visitor engagement, generate more leads for your Salesforce team, and provide them with insights into the behavior of each visitor on your website.
CDP4S takes the website behavior collected by Sitecore Personalize and Sitecore CDP and makes it available in Salesforce. Sales and support teams can use this intelligence to better understand each visitor. This greatly improves interactions and enables targeted messaging. As conversations advance, users can further improve engagement by driving website personalization from the visitor's Salesforce record.
CDP4S works with both Sitecore Personalize and Sitecore CDP. For brevity, we refer to both these technologies as Sitecore Personalize.
Why do you need CDP4S?
The real question is, "Why do you need website behavioral data in Salesforce?". The answer is to help sales teams identify and prioritize leads based on the lead's characteristics e.g. company, job title, or how they behave on the website. Sitecore Personalize tracks this data but it needs to be in Salesforce. Having up-to-the-minute intelligence and lead scores in Salesforce helps sales reps focus on creating revenue.
Businesses can increase engagement and sales by personalizing the website based on where a visitor is in the buying journey. The field and status settings in the prospect's Salesforce record can be returned to Sitecore Personalize and become the deciding factor in what web content to show when the visitor returns. For example, if sales rep Luke, has recently spoken to a prospect, the prospect will be greeted with tailored content and a personal message from Luke when returning to the website a few days later.
CDP4S for Marketers
CDP4S can turn anonymous website visitors into qualified leads and valued customers in Salesforce. CDP4S has advanced lead processing strategies that deliver exceptional results:
- Create Salesforce leads, contacts, and more from Sitecore Personalize
- Revealing visitor website behavior in Salesforce provides insights into a visitor's state of mind and purchasing readiness. Website behavior enables marketers to:
- Improve content and messaging to better meet the needs and interests of leads
- Drive product recommendations to increase engagement and increase the likelihood of a sale
- Identify website issues, such as page load times, navigation, and layout
- Test different page content versions based on behavior to determine which performs best
- Identify other websites visitors are interested in
- Determine visitor budget (and sticker shock) based on web behavior
- Identify price hesitancy
- Improved marketing communications:
- Send targeted emails based on website behavior e.g., visitors to a page can be emailed specific information
- Capture email click-through details in the recipient's Salesforce record
- Cost reductions:
- CDP4S customers don't have huge upfront costs or ongoing expenditures
- Data storage is limited to Sitecore Personalize and Salesforce – no other systems are required
CDP4S for Sales and Support Teams
CDP4S provides intelligence and tools to Salesforce sales and support teams:
- Visitor behavior provides insights into a lead’s specific interests, preferences, and pain points. Website behavior enables Salesforce users to:
- Determine which leads are most engaged and likely to convert
- Discover a lead's interests and pain points and personalize communications accordingly
- Generate lead scores based on website activity to facilitate lead prioritization e.g. time spent on the website or visit frequency
- Personalize the sales outreach to better meet visitors’ needs and interests
- Identify potential upsell opportunities and increase revenue from existing customers
- Identify returning visitors and therefore renewed interest to guide follow-up timing
- Identify the best time of the day, or night, to follow up based on previous visit times
- Deliver in-page or popup messages to leads as they traverse through the sales pipeline
- Efficiencies gains can be made using Salesforce workflow e.g., automating lead categorization
CDP4S for IT Teams
CDP4S is a Salesforce application that transacts form, event, analytics, and personalization data with Sitecore Personalize. CDP4S is isolated from the Sitecore website, which can be any traditional, hybrid, or headless web architecture.
CDP4S has Dual-Mode Personalization where web content can be personalized (1) as directed by Sitecore Personalize or (2) as directed by Salesforce.
The following customer journey is typical:
- Capture: Web form submissions, events, and visitor behavior data sent to Sitecore Personalize are mapped to a Salesforce record. The record can be a lead (most common), contact, case, or any other type of record
- Analyze: CDP4S pushes pages visited, number of visits, visit durations, time/date of the last visit, visitor location, how the visitor arrived on the website, and any other data collected by Sitecore Personalize to Salesforce. These insights generate sales intelligence and confidence, enable more targeting options, and increase sales
- Connect: CDP4S can drive web content to the website during and after sales conversations. Using CDP4S, Salesforce users can present relevant web pages to the lead e.g., show a product, FAQs, competitor’s website, route map, appointment calendar, or a download link
- Personalize: Tailored web content and custom messages can be delivered to returning visitors in two ways (1) directly from Sitecore Personalize or (2) driven by a user from their Salesforce record
- Close: CDP4S detects when a visitor has returned to the website and notifies the relevant Salesforce user
CDP4S helps businesses improve their website visitor engagement, generate more leads for their Salesforce team, and provide valuable insights into the behavior of each visitor on the site. Using CDP4S, sales and support teams can better understand each visitor and tailor their messaging accordingly.
CDP4S is particularly useful for marketers, who use website behavior to turn anonymous visitors into qualified leads and valued customers. They can also improve web content and messaging to better meet the needs and interests of leads, drive product recommendations, and identify website issues. Furthermore, CDP4S enables marketers to send targeted emails based on website behavior and capture email click-through details in the recipient's Salesforce record.
Sales and support teams benefit from CDP4S by using visitor behavior insights to determine which leads are most engaged and likely to convert, identify potential upsell opportunities, and personalize sales outreach to better meet visitors' needs and interests. CDP4S supports IT teams by mapping web forms, events, analytics, and personalization data to Salesforce, and providing Dual-Mode Personalization, which allows web content to be personalized as directed by Sitecore Personalize or Salesforce.
For Sitecore customers that use Sitecore Personalize, CDP4S provides a comprehensive solution to improve their website visitor engagement, increase lead generation, and provide valuable insights into visitor behavior. This gives businesses a competitive edge in today's digital landscape.
FuseIT specializes in Sitecore to CRM integration. Our enterprise S4S, S4S Cloud, CDP4S, and S4D integrations enable the real-time exchange of data between Sitecore and Salesforce and Sitecore and Microsoft Dynamics 365. Please contact us for more information or to see a demo of these in action.
Did you like reading this article? Sign up for our newsletter to receive our articles directly in your mailbox.
- Obligation free - no pressure!
- At a time that works for you
- One hour but can be shorter
- At any technical level
- All questions answered
- Your video application or ours
- Access to an integration trial
* Friday in the US is
Saturday in New Zealand.